Product added to cart
What to Expect on the day of your installation
- Your EV Bug Engineer will contact you via text or phone on the day or evening before your installation to confirm estimated time of arrival.
- They will arrive at your home and introduce themselves. They will then discuss with you your chosen charge point and method of installation. Offering advice and answering any questions you may have.
- Once you have agreed on the chosen cable run and charger position they will commence work installing your home charger. At this stage the engineer will need to turn off the power to your property but will give you notice of when this is likely to be, giving you plenty of time to finish those emails or make a cup of tea.
- Next they will carry out dead tests on the newly installed cable and accessories to confirm compliance with BS7671:2018. The engineer will then energise the home charger and perform live tests and run through the charger specific commissioning process.
- The engineer will then help pair your EV Charger Smartphone app to link your charger and give you a demonstration of the unit's features.
- Once you are happy with the installation and demonstration of the charger, they will tidy and remove rubbish produced in the installation process.
- If you have opted for our pay on installation service the engineer will then take payment via EV Bug’s secure SagePay Terminal and request a signature on their job sheet to confirm your satisfaction with the installation.